Friday, April 20, 2007

Task # 10 Summary

I have learned that no matter how old you are anyone can learn how to do all of this on the computer. A lot of people I talk to at the Library feel that they are just to old and can not do anything with the computer and that is just not so. It is important to know that you can change or do anything if you put your mind to it.

Myspace was the most challenging in that they would not let me sign up for reason only known to Myspace. The other thing is I have trouble remembering all the steps on how to get from point a to point b. Remembering things about the computer is hard in that I don't think like a computer or a person who sets it up.

This can be used in a lot of ways. For advertising, posting classes on line that people can do at home, to communicating about people and happenings within the Library and community.

Self-directed learning model is not good for me. I don't do that well with the computer. I have a very high frustration rate with the computer and I am not patience with machines. Horses, People, Animals I am patience with but machines never. I am always very quick to ask for help. I just don't have the understanding to figure it out on my own. I feel like learning the computer is like learning to be a parent. Once you get one you should just know how to work it. For me self-dirceted is just encouraging me to be frustrated.

I understand the horse very will but not the computer.

None the less learning this has been very interesting and valuable. Frustrating or not I enjoyed this! Thank you!

No comments: